To keep a healthy body in all circumstances, nothing beats a rower, this device works almost the entire body and allows to obtain excellent results fairly quickly and without requiring superhuman efforts.
However, as you all must have noticed, a good rower is also very bulky. So unless you have enough floor space, which is less and less obvious, many of you have had to give it up. This is exactly what made me become interested in folding rowers .
I looked for the best models of the moment in order to benefit from the space saving without losing the quality of work of a fixed rower and continue to work both the bottom and the top (abs, glutes, shoulders, arms, legs and of course cardio).
I offer you the 5 best folding rowers of the moment.
What will you learn?
- Best foldable rowers
- 1- Concept2 Model D rowing machine – the top of the range
- 2- Sportstech RSX600 – la machine a ramer
- 3- V-fit Air Tornado rower – a good compromise
- 4- SR 910 Striale rower – an entry-level rower
- 5- We R Sports Body Tonner – a light and compact rower
- Benefits of foldable rowers
- Conclusion: Which folding rower to choose?
- Customer Reviews
Best foldable rowers
The rower is certainly the only device to offer so many excellent results in such different areas:
- It will make you lose weight to give you an athletic line.
- It will muscle 80% of your body , that is to say that you will no longer need another device and that you will quickly have firm and toned athletic muscles.
- Finally, it will work on your endurance and your cardio , thus allowing you to push back the effort always further and for longer.
If you don’t believe me, look at the rowing champions, well it could be you.
Thousands of people have already passed this step. Here is the ranking of the best folding rowers . The number of copies available and the price may be limited.
Current best sales:
1- Concept2 Model D rowing machine – the top of the range
The Concept2 model D rower is one of the best rowers on the market , intended for intensive use , it accommodates users up to 220kg, its air resistance guarantees flexibility and efficiency.
Its pm5 monitor offers quality electronics, a real sports coach.
Its dimensions are 243.8 x 61 x 113 cm for a weight of 26 Kg. It is not foldable in the literal sense of the term but it is very easily disassembled into two parts which reduces it to approximately 120 x 61 x 113 cm.
- Indoor rowing is an effective full-body, low-impact workout. Flywheel design minimises noise while maximising a smooth feel.
- Includes the Performance Monitor 5, giving you accurate, comparable data for every row. Adjustable monitor arm.
- 35.5cm seat height, nickel-plated chain, adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle
- Easily separates into two pieces for storage. Caster wheels make it mobile.
- Requires footprint of 274 cm x 122 cm; 227kg capacity; 5-year frame warranty.
2- Sportstech RSX600 – la machine a ramer
The Sportstech RSX600 is truly a professional rowing machine , it’s not just an appeal.
Its air / magnetic resistance and integrated computer assistance. With its 12 rowing programs, 4 pulse, 16 resistance levels and the pulse belt included, it was impossible to ignore this gem.
Its dimensions are 240 x 39 x 89 cm for a weight of 37 kg, folded count 120 x 39 cm. This foldable rower accepts users up to 120 kg.
- rameur compatible with applications: Media Console can be operated by Touch SmartPhone and tablet. Device comes with a stand for tablet PC, compatible with fitness, the history of the training. Compatible with health programme. Touchscreen Tablet not...
- Multifunction interface: 5.5 inch this the rowing machine has a digital screen, 5 user profiles, USB charging connector and compatible with heart rate monitor. The Rowing Machine is equipped with transportation wheels for easy storage and adjustable,...
- Magnetic braking system: The Rowing Machine is equipped with a magnetic brake system with 16 Resistance Levels controlled by computer, a wheel of inertia for 7kg, A Smooth And Quiet operation, Supreme, a long run of cable. Ideal for bigger people, pull...
- 12 training programmes: Great Flexibility of use, 12 pre-installed programmes, 4 functions in various sizes based on heart rate (Beats per minute), training in competitive markets, 500 m mode, display of various data and results, ideal for cardio...
- rameur ideal: (L x W x H) – 2400 x 390 x 890 mm; maximum user weight up to 120 kg – device weight approx. 37 kg (please note: The item will be delivered on a sidewalk.
3- V-fit Air Tornado rower – a good compromise
The Tornado V-fit Air Rower is an excellent compromise insofar as it combines the qualities of pro rowers for a very reasonable price.
It won’t handle such heavy use but if it’s just right for you it will be perfect. Its air resistance adapts naturally to your performance and its 6-function monitor is simple and effective.
Plan a floor area of 212 x 44 x 74 cm for this foldable rower, and half as much when folded.
- Club style, speed proportionate air resistance chain drive rower with canted, wide reach row bar
- Contoured polyurethan anatomically designed seat with bearing mounted upper and lower seat guide rollers
- Pivoting, oversize PVC footplates with two-position mount and adjustable velcro style footstraps
- Three-screen, six-function exercise monitor
- Maximum user weight is 115 kg
4- SR 910 Striale rower – an entry-level rower
The Striale R 910 is a simple rower intended for average use , very simple it offers an inertia of 7kg and a 5-function LCD monitor.
Its unfolded dimensions are 176 x 51 x 48 cm and when folded it takes up really little space, which is appreciable when you buy a foldable rower.
It does not accept users over 100 kg, but will suit most athletes for home use.
- Digital LCD screen.
- Number of functions:5.
- Aluminium beam.
- The apparatus can be folded.
- Inertial mass: 7 kg.
5- We R Sports Body Tonner – a light and compact rower
The We R Sports Body Tonner is an entry-level folding rower that may well be suitable for those who want to talk with a small device that knows how to be forgotten.
on the other hand it is not suitable for people over 1.80m and offers relatively little resistance.
The LCD screen shows time, distance and speed settings. The Body Tonner is a compact foldable rower.
- LDC display with time, distance and speed settings
- Adjustable straps to secure feet in
- Elastic cord resistance with 4 levels of adjustable tension
- Foldable for easy storage
- Foam padded seat
Benefits of foldable rowers
Folding rowers allow you to work as with any rowing machine but offer the enormous advantage of being able to be stored in order to free up space for those who are not lucky enough to have a home gym.
In all cases, weight loss, muscles and cardio will be there.
The right actions to adopt [2 minutes video]
Conclusion: Which folding rower to choose?
In conclusion, I will insist on the importance of choosing the right folding rower .
It is obvious that we will have to make compromises.
If you have enough room, then you can afford a top-of-the-range model that will keep a minimum bulk when folded up, otherwise you will have to be ready to lose quality and performance for a less imposing rower.
Personally , I prefer to lose a little space and have a powerful and robust device.
For these reasons, I will prefer the Concept2 Model D folding rower , it is a brand whose reputation is well established and which equips many fitness clubs.
For a budget of less than 500 $, the V fit Air Tornado also seems to keep its promises according to numerous user testimonials.
As a non-foldable but compact and aesthetic rower, the Waterrower S4 is an expensive but interesting alternative.
Will you take the risk of a crush that will start to creak after a week
Think carefully about working comfort, the resistance offered but also its flexibility and silence (except for air rowers) which are the only guarantee to offer you a complete and natural work.
If you plan to use a foldable rower every day, take a quality device so that you are not limited too quickly by the machine itself.
It is important to compare customer reviews to buy the best folding rowing machine. Haven’t found the model of your dreams yet?
Click here to see the customer reviews of our favorite model.
I’m a sports graduate who enjoys documenting myself on the internet and bringing light to my subscribers when they need it. (I get a lot of messages.) In my spare time, I am an amateur photographer, but my area of expertise is mainly in fitness and the use of sports equipment at home and in the gym.