Do you dream of a foldable exercise bike but find them too expensive, too bulky or too heavy?
So if you are like me, a person who likes to maintain yourself, be effective, keep a nice line and healthy muscles, and you don’t want to invest a huge amount of money a folding bike:
I have the solution…
The new generation folding exercise bikes are efficient and reliable, offering the same working comfort as those big bikes that turned your living room into a gym. Also the prices are affordable, you will probably want to take a look at this Ultrasport f-bike which is a very good product to stay healthy for cheap.
But if you look for a very good model, I have a quick tour of the best current folding exercise bikes to help you make up your own mind.
What will you learn?
- The Best Folding Exercise Bikes
- 1- Ultrasport F bike – folding exercise bike with backrest
- 2- TecTake TecTake folding exercise bike – German made
- 3- Skandika Foldaway X 1000 Plus – A silent exercise bike
- 4- ATIVAFIT – Foldable and comfortable exercise bike
- 5- Ultrasport F bike + phone storage
- 6- Tecnovita by BH Backfit YF 91 – For large sizes
- 7- Care Fitness Striale SV 314 – Flexible and effective
- 8- Tecnovita by BH Open & Go YF90 – A Compact exercise bike
- 9- BTM G500 – For large sizes
- 10- Ultrasport F-Bike F-Rider – A cheap best seller exercise bike
- 11- Capital Sports Trajector – folding bike
- 12- Magic Life bike – Comfortable seat & high tech
- Folding Exercise Bike Buying Guide
- Foldable exercise bike review
- BONUS: Editor’s Choice
- Customer Reviews
The Best Folding Exercise Bikes
I have selected for you the 12 folding exercise bikes that are the most representative of the current offer. Here is the comparison.
1- Ultrasport F bike – folding exercise bike with backrest
- For more than 15 years and with over 5 million products sold, ULTRASPORT is the exclusive fitness brand on Amazon. By buying Ultrasport products you save on your monthly gym fees
- Foldable exercise bike, home trainer, fitness bike with 8 resistance levels, quick & easy to set up and take down - the original developed by F-Bike market leader Ultrasport
- Particularly space-saving thanks to the folding mechanism and curved design
- Cardiovascular system and muscles are strengthened with the help of 8 resistance levels
- Modern, battery-operated LCD display (functions: time, calories, speed, distance, heart rate)
One of the most popular folding static bikes at the moment (unanimous user feedback on all platforms) and which comes in 4 versions:
- Single F-bike (in black)
- F-bike 150B (en vert)
- F-bike 200B (in orange see image)
- F-bike Heavy (in black)
The differences are mainly due to a few details but the whole range is built around the same concept.
Magnetic resistance has 8 difficulty levels.
Battery-powered LCD monitor showing the duration of the session, calories burned, speed, distance covered and pulse measurement.
The ultrasport F-Bike exercise bike (classic in black) weighs only 31 lbs. The F-bike 200b (model shown) is a folding exercise bike with an additional backrest. Heavy F-bike and F-bike work offer mp3 / mp4 support
The heavy F-bike is larger to make taller riders more comfortable and accepts a weight of 287 lbs compared to 220 lbs for all other bikes.
2- TecTake TecTake folding exercise bike – German made
The TecTake is a cheap foldable exercise bike that does its job with decent electronic equipment with very good feedback.
The TecTake bike has an integrated heart rate monitor , a complete LCD screen to monitor its performance: Time, training stretches, speed, calories. We’re a long way from a treadmill screen, but that’s enough for what you’re going to do with it.
Magnetic resistance has 8 difficulty levels.
To reserve for madam or not to recommend to large and strong however.
Easy to assemble, it is light and takes up minimum space when folded up.
3- Skandika Foldaway X 1000 Plus – A silent exercise bike
- Wide padded saddle, backrest and additional tablet holder ensures a particularly comfortable, motivating & entertaining workout
- Equipped with Bluetooth allowing you to track your workout progress with various Apps
- Multifunctional computer with all relevant data such as time, calorie consumption, speed, distance and a pulse reading via the hand pulse sensors
- 8 manually adjustable resistance levels for all training levels and non-slip pedals
- Convenient folding mechanism with transport wheels allows for fast and simple space-saving storage
Finally a folding bike for playing sports in front of the TV. The Skandika Foldaway X1000 Plus is quiet and folds up when you need it most. It will fully satisfy large users weighing up to 243 lbs which is not negligible either.
I might blame it for the weakness of its magnetic resistance for the sturdiest but it is still perfect for regular maintenance .
No need to look for optional accessories: support, backrest, etc… are provided on some versions of the Skandika Foldaway X 1000 Plus.
The electronics are very honorable with their 6 functions: speed, distance, time, calories, odometer and pulse.
4- ATIVAFIT – Foldable and comfortable exercise bike
- EASY-READ DIGITAL MONITOR SHOWS YOUR DATA - You can track your distance, speed, time and heart rate on the monitor easily, and the phone holder can hold your phone so you can watch TV while cycling.
- LARGE AND COMFROTABL SEAT SUITABLE FOR ANYONE - Seat dimension:27.44 x 37.7CM. Wide & Comfortable seat holds up to 125kg. The seat can also be adjusted to more closely approximate your situation.
- SPACE SAVER & EASY TO MOVE WITH WHEEL - With the folding capabilities the bike can be easily folded to half if not in use which is super small to your wardrobe, front wheels to move the fitness bike around and doesn't have a huge footprint, you can choose...
- COMBINE EXERTION AND REST - The cardio bike is very quiet to ride for the magnetic control flywheel, from women to men, 8 level resistance range is meet all your demand, it is up to you to choose easier or more difficult workout for burning calories
- 100% SATISFACTION - We take pride in our Exercise Bike and we are confident that you will love the quality and convenience! This is why we are Reasons for providing one-year after-sales Guarantee, making your shopping experience absolutely risk free
The ATIVAFIT is a folding exercise bike with on-board computer that comes in 2 versions through options.
- The simple bike
- the exercise bike with backrest and armrest.
Available in grey or black.
A good little exercise bike that supports up to 265 lbs unfolded.
8 difficulty levels with mechanical resistance
And super easy to assemble which is not negligible.
However, I would advise against it for people over 5’9 feet or demanding athletes, the difficulty being especially suitable for occasional use.
5- Ultrasport F bike + phone storage
- For more than 15 years and with over 5 million products sold, ULTRASPORT is the exclusive fitness brand on Amazon. By buying Ultrasport products you save on your monthly gym fees
- Foldable exercise bike, home trainer, fitness bike with 8 resistance levels, quick & easy to assemble and disassemble - the original, developed by F-Bike market leader Ultrasport
- Fitness bike with workstation: generous anti-slip shelf for laptop, tablet, mobile phone, magazines etc. - exercise while working on your laptop, surfing the internet or reading
- Indoor cycling with the fitness and cardio machine to strengthen the cardiovascular system - robust endurance trainer for effective muscle building with the help of 8 resistance levels
- Exercise bike includes fitness computer with LCD display, Functions: Time / Scan / Calories / Speed / Distance
The Ultrasport F-Bike with phone support is a good folding exercise bike that satisfies its buyers with its qualities:
This folding exercise bike is silent, its 8 directional ball bearing resistors offer 8 levels of difficulty for real exercises and its phone support allows you to stay connected.
It folds up to enter a closet but still do not hope to slide it under the bed, we stay more on 40×50 than 40×40 on average.
The user weight being limited to 200 lbs, beyond that, we can fall back on the heavy F-bike seen earlier. (check comparative table of bicycles + bicycle in point n ° 1)
The computer does its job by calculating time, scan, calories, speed, distance and pulse by touch sensors.
I really liked its versatility which allows it to work with a large audience and the tablet support is really appreciable for working in music or while having fun to forget the miles swallowed up.
6- Tecnovita by BH Backfit YF 91 – For large sizes
- Easy access lower central axis so you can ride your home trainer comfortably, ideal for elderly people.
- Experience safety and comfort during your cardio training, thanks to the ergonomic saddle with comfortable backrest, adjustable height and lateral support handles.
- Get in shape in the comfort of your own home, train strength, endurance, agility and balance.
- You won´t disturb the neighbours with your fitness exercise, The inertial system equivalent to 8kg. provides a smooth, fluid and noiseless pedalling movement.
- Save valuable floorspace! This home bicycle includes wheels so that you can fold, move and store the home trainer easily.
Finally a folding exercise bike with backrest provided. The Tecnovita Backfit YF91 also has real qualities which makes one regret that it is not suitable for a wider audience.
It is in fact limited to 90gk while it adapts very well to large sizes and offer proper resistance from the 5 th level. It is still reserved for occasional sportsmen and even experienced beginners.
The saddle is vertically adjustable as is the backrest.
Resistance per wheel with inertia of 11 lbs and 8 difficulty levels.
It weights 42 lbs, not tested folded but it is considered to be compact.
The battery-powered counter offers classic functions with the addition of calculating the calories consumed. It’s one of the best value folding exercise bikes too.
7- Care Fitness Striale SV 314 – Flexible and effective
- For occasional usage
- Maximum height of user: 1.8 m (5 ft 10)
- 3 hours a week
- Folding bike for taking up a lot less space, it can be easily stored in a cupboard.
- Magnetic brake with double transmission through 2 belts, provides smooth and silent pedalling.
The Striale SV 314 (from Care Fitness) with support backrest is a simple, almost stripped down, foldable exercise bike in black.
Once folded it is fcompact and weighs only 33 lbs, which allows it to be stored above a cabinet without having to strengthen its arms. Casters also allow it to be moved effortlessly.
The users of this folding exercise bike are satisfied, as much for its robustness, its small size as its silence and its comfort.
Magnetic resistance has 8 levels and dual belt allow a flexible effortlessly and always correct the 8 th level.
The electronics are respectable and offer all the classic functions.
Again, we regret that a foldable exercise bike so well designed and with such quality does not cover a larger panel of users.
8- Tecnovita by BH Open & Go YF90 – A Compact exercise bike
- Keep motivating and challenging yourself with the home bicycle´s easy start monitor measuring speed, distance, time and calories
- Advance your cardio training by choosing between 8 accurate load regulation points (manual) with different intensity.
- Don´t disturb your neighbours! the inertial flywheel weight equivalent to 18 lbs. makes for a smooth fluid and noiseless pedaling movement
- Workout comfortably as never before and find your optimal training position with the ergonomic seat with adjustable height.
- Save valuable floorspace, the foldable home trainer folds to smaller proportions, easy to store, with transport wheels.
BH offers us here a new folding exercise bike with all the usual standard features: The Open & Go YF 90.
Silent, this bike offers a pleasant and fluid pedaling thanks to its magnetic resistance, even if the resistance is real in the 8 th position, it will remain to be privileged for the fitness and the maintenance .
The maximum weight is 210 lbs so it is better not to lose too much weight.
It weights about 35 lbs and it folds easily for a small footprint.
9- BTM G500 – For large sizes
- 【Arm Resistance Bands】You can not only get a great cardio and leg workout on an exercise bike with resistance bands, but its arm bands that let you workout your arms at the same time; What a great exercise equipment home use that provides a complete...
- 【Comfortable Cushioned Seat with Backrest】The cushioned seat and backrest support your hip and back to ensure correct posture meanwhile provide the maximum comfortably to achieve a cardio workout; The exercise bike with backrest is a safe and...
- 【Whisper-quiet & Smooth Ride】Due to magnetic resistance flywheel parts never touch, creating a silent, frictionless resistance force; Along with a quiet and smooth ride on the indoor cycling bike, you can enjoy a quiet workout so you can watch TV or...
- 【Upgraded LCD Display】Linked to the chrome handrail sensors, track the progress of your workout with the built-in LCD display that shows your speed, time, distance and calories burned in real time.
- 【Dimensions & Details】Crafted for comfort, you are able to adjust the seat horizontal / vertical to fit your preference. And also modify the resistance with 10 different levels to best accommodate your fitness level.Maximum weight capacity: 100 kg;...
The BTM G500 is a fairly high-end exercise bike that caught my attention (it replaced the former one) it’s one of the only folding exercise bikes on the market designed also for tall and beefy people. since it supports up to 100 kg and can be adjusted to satisfy users measuring up to 6’2 feet.
It is available in 3 different colors.
Its 2,5 kg flywheel adjustable on 10 levels of resisitance allows sustained efforts for non intensive use and the electronics offer all the classic functions such as time, distance and calories consumed. The pulse is taken by tactical sensor on the handles.
10- Ultrasport F-Bike F-Rider – A cheap best seller exercise bike
- PERFECT BRAND FOR FITNESS : For more than 15 years and with over 5 million products sold, ULTRASPORT is the exclusive fitness brand on Amazon; By buying Ultrasport products you save on your monthly gym fees
- F-BIKE HOME TRAINER : Foldable bicycle exercise bike, home trainer, fitness bike with 8 resistance levels, quick & easy to set up and take down - the original, developed by F-Bike market leader Ultrasport
- EASY TO TRAIN : Indoor cycling with the fitness and cardio machine to strengthen the cardiovascular system - robust endurance trainer for effective muscle building with the help of 8 resistance levels
- COMPACT HOME TRAINER : Thanks to its compact design, you can store it anywhere after your workout; Set-up dimensions (L x W x H) : 87 x 43.5 x 118 cm; Foldable dimensions (L x W x H) : 53 x 43.5 x 137 cm
- LCD DISPLAY FUNCTION : The fitness bike has a training computer with LCD display that can measure time, scan, calories, speed, distance and heart rate; There is also a hand pulse sensor on the handlebars
The Ultrasport F-Bike F-Rider is one of the cheapest of the best folding exercise bikes with magnetic resistance and X-frame.
I immediately noted the two-year warranty , few manufacturers offer it.
Even the most serious brands are not immune to a hidden defect and ta warranty is a real breath of fresh air, especially since on this type of product defects do not wait two years to appear.
This folding exercise bike is silent and reliable even if some models sometimes seem to have weaknesses and premature wear (hence the importance of the warranty), magnetic resistance has 8 levels.
The computer offers the usual functions: time, speed, distance traveled, calories burned (estimate), heartbeats by sensors on the handlebars and the scan which alternates the display of data in cycles of 30 seconds.
Only 31 lbs.
11- Capital Sports Trajector – folding bike
- EFFECTIVE: The CAPITAL SPORT Trajektor X-Bike exercise bikes offers you the possibility of a gentle but effective training to increase your endurance.
- ADJUSTABLE: A low step-through allows you to sit up comfortably. The folding exercise bike extra wide saddle can be adjusted in 7 steps according to the individual leg length. The stable backrest and two handles provide additional support.
- TRAININGS COMPUTER: The CAPITAL SPORTS X-Bike fitness bike's easy-to-use training computer gives you an overview of your training success.
- PULSE SENSORS: If the indoor bike' pulse sensors are attached, the current pulse level is shown on the display. Thus you always train in the right pulse range and reach your training goal faster and healthier.
- FOLDABLE: Once the training is finished, the CAPITAL SPORTS Trajector X-Bike indoor cycling bike can be folded and stored space-savingly until the next training unit. Floor rollers make it easier to stow away.
The Capital Sports Trajector is an innovative looking foldable exercise bike (not X-shaped) that allows you to ride it without lifting your legs.
It is available in black or white.
Its large unfolded size and a maximum supported weight of 220 lbs make it accessible to large users but they adapt perfectly to small sizes.
Once folded, it fits in the average spot and can be moved effortlessly.
8-level magnetic resistance with 13 lbs flywheel
The console offers the usual features: time, distance, calories burned, speed and heart rate by touch sensors.
12- Magic Life bike – Comfortable seat & high tech
- Reliable Exercise Bike: This stationary exercise bike can be easily adjusted from Level 1 to Level 10 by the tension knob. Magnetic wheels provide smoother and quieter driving. Don't worry about disturbing your baby or neighbors, you can rest assured to...
- LCD Monitor and Ipad Mount: The LCD monitor on exercise bike tracks your time, speed, distance, calories burned and odometer. The tablet stand above the monitor allows you to enjoy video and music while exercising, keeping your mind and body happy.
- Foldable 80% Space Saving: The exercise bike adopts a foldable structure and can be easily and completely folded. Do not take up the size of the family space to minimize storage space. Unfold the exercise bike for exercise anytime, anywhere, easy to...
- Extra Large Seat&Sturdy Steel Construction: - Upgraded with broadened rear handlebar and backrest, the exercise bike is equipped with a fully-padded PU seat serving great rebound performance and comfort. Strong enough to hold a maximum weight capacity of...
- Warranty: We will provide customers with parts replacement for 12 months. If there are any problems on the way, please contact our customer service. We will give you a satisfactory answer as soon as possible. Magic Life exercise bike is worth your...
The Magic Life foldable exercise bike comes in beautiful black grey color.
At first glance you can see that it is robust, with larger and thicker than average steel tubes.
The seat, well padded and comfortable can be adjusted to cover a wide range of users also with a maximum weight of 264 lbs.
The assembly instructions sufficiently well illustrated so that it is not a problem to assemble, expect for about one hour.
I raised the insulation on the ground to guarantee optimum silence.
The 10-level resistance is flexible but a little weak and is reserved for fitness or occasional maintenance.
Folding Exercise Bike Buying Guide
1. The different types of resistances
The resistances offered are magnetic or mechanical .
Magnetic resistors offer more flexibility and make pedaling more enjoyable, however I will blame them for quickly finding their limits. If they take care of your joints, they are more suitable for fitness use than for weight training.
The mechanical resistances, with or without ball bearing are stiffer, perhaps less pleasant but they offer more resistance and will allow a better progression at higher level.
I would say that you have to choose between ease of use and efficiency, even if the primary goal of a folding exercise bike remains fitness and maintenance, as with the elliptical trainer.
Unfolded, they are all roughly the same size to the nearest 4 inches: between 45 and 47 inches in height and plan between 15 and 24 inches in width.
In any case, they are less bulky than non-folding stationary bikes.
- The console (screen) or computer as described and a monitor usually battery-operated with large liquid crystals for easy reading.
- Programs are typically distance traveled, time, and calories expended. Remember to read the descriptions and ask questions to the sellers to be sure that the folding apartment elo you want is well equipped with the functions you want.
- The heart pulse is usually taken directly by sensors located on the handles, however on many bikes, users find them too approximate, again you will have to find out if this accessory is really important to you.
4. The different types of warranties:
Most of the foldable exercise bikes on offer don’t offer a warranty, except for one that offers a two-year one.
After-sales service remains serious and manages defects on receipt, the ideal is not to hesitate to refuse the package if you suspect that it has been mistreated during transport.
5. For which users:
There is something for everyone, however they are not designed for intensive use , so if your goal is to prepare Alpe Duez, forget about it.
We can work the glutes, thighs, calves, shoulders, pecs, abdominals, arms, back… The exercise bike is recommended for the elderly and for overweight people.
According to Dr. Stéphane Cascua, sports doctor, the exercise bike is really a beneficial device for breaking in the joints of the lower limb that are affected by osteoarthritis . So a priori there is no contraindication.
It will also be very important, when choosing to check that the folding exercise bike corresponds to your size.
Even the best folding exercise bikes are still not very versatile and with limited settings.
Most will suit everyone, but if you’re a little shorter or a little taller than average, you should know that not all exercise bikes are right for you.
6. The budget:
Without doubt one of the most determining elements.
You can find anything between 90 and 2500 dollars, with an average of 150-200 for a folding exercise bike.
So it is an affordable fitness accessory especially since it is not the price that will determine the qualities that attract you to a folding exercise bike rather than another.
7. The quality of the frame:
The frames are made of tubular steel, on the whole they are all a bit the same, however the care given to the saddle and other elements must also be taken into account.
The advantage is that, since they come as a kit, if the frame should come loose in use, you could tighten it up without difficulty.
The solidity of the pedals and the mechanics is also to be taken into account.
Overall the design is relatively identical from one brand of bike to another and if you stick to the data regarding the maximum user weight, you won’t have any problems.
When in doubt, it will always be possible to favor brands that are already well established and for which there is a real setback and serious returns. One of the best brands of exercise bikes are Ultrasport, Klarfit, Tecnovita, V-Fit, Striale and Capital Sports.
8. Optional accessories:
You should know that there are a number of accessories intended to complete your folding exercise bike.
Some are directly offered by the manufacturer, others will be gleaned from the web, however, if they are well chosen, none is useless. Compare before buying (see comparison table for exercise bikes at the top of the page)
-The floor mats:
They allow both to avoid scratching the park but also isolate the bike from the ground which prevents the transmission and amplification of mechanical noise. This accessory, if it is not essential, can be very useful.
-The saddle cover:
If the device that suits you best is not the most comfortable, here is the solution: a saddle cover, mostly silicone or gel. Attached with laces or velcro, they transform any plastic saddle into a comfortable cushion . However, pay attention to the bindings to be sure that it does not move during the effort.
If your favorite bike doesn’t have this item, which is more and more often offered by manufacturers, don’t worry, there are plenty of removable media carriers that are meant to be attached or more often than not to clip in so you can ride. sport while staying connected .
-The transport cover:
An accessory that we don’t think much about but which is not necessarily useless. It will protect your bike from dust when you go on vacation but above all, it will allow you to move it with one hand if you move or want to take it somewhere with you.
We find them on the web, at all prices, with several types of finishes so do not hesitate to think about it.
The advantages of a folding exercise bike:
Foldable exercise bike review
We agree that a folding exercise bike is practical especially as a folding exercise bike resistant to more than 120 kg.
A small foldable exercise bike with an 8 kg flywheel is also recommended.
Other benefits of exercise bikes:
- Foldable and inexpensive
- Foldable with flywheel up to 9 kg
In this exercise bike comparison we also appreciate the Klarfit Azura which is one of the best exercise bikes in direct competition with the famous Ultrasport exercise bike. Their magnetic exercise bikes are very popular in Germany.
In conclusion, I would say that we should not hope to do the same job with a folding exercise bike as with a stationary exercise bike.
Their big advantage is to maintain an excellent value for money and to be able to store.
If you don’t have your own personal gym or a road bike, you’ll really appreciate being able to get back to your bedroom or living room after the effort.
For the most demanding athletes, it will be necessary to fall back on more professional exercise bike models such as spinning bikes.
On the other hand, to keep in shape and pedal on flat ground , the best folding exercise bikes will fulfill their contract perfectly and you will be satisfied with it, add to that the low price and the small size, you will see the excellence of the compromise. .
The study of the different models of folding exercise bikes on the market shows that there are no major differences from one device to another , just adaptations, details that will make you prefer this bike to such other.
Either way you will find yours, taking into account your height, weight and the effort you will need to put in.
BONUS: Editor’s Choice
After having tested all these devices for you, I wanted to share my crush with you.
This is the Ultrasport F-bike and its four variations.
The first element that made me prefer it is precisely the fact that it comes in three versions which makes it accessible to everyone, especially with heavy.
This folding exercise bike does not discriminate against anyone, where too many folding exercise bikes only fit users of medium height and weight. Then there is the folder and optional media support.
I like to be given a choice, if I have to spend time working on a device, I find it important that it is adapted to my needs.
The bike itself is sturdy, I feel safe on it, I’m not afraid it will fall apart if I accelerate.
The electronics or “computer” is correct, it gives me all the information I need to measure my progress: I can see the distance traveled, the time, the estimate of calories burned and the touch pulse meter on the handlebars allows me to to situate myself in relation to the effort provided.
And when I have finished using it, it can be forgotten by its small size and reasonable weight, it is still less than 20 inches thick for a little over 3’3 feet long which allows to store it almost everywhere.
It is not a high end exercise bike but it is a quality device for moderate use.
Last argument even if it is never the first to take into account: the low price.
Whichever F-Bike you take, you won’t have to give up on an option you liked in order to stay within your budget.
Here is the bike to choose for the most undecided among this comparative ranking of the best folding exercise bikes.
It is important to compare customer reviews before purchasing a folding exercise bike. Still haven’t found the folding exercise bike of your dreams?
Click here to check the entry-level bike we recommend (The Ultrasport F Bike).
I’m a sports graduate who enjoys documenting myself on the internet and bringing light to my subscribers when they need it. (I get a lot of messages.) In my spare time, I am an amateur photographer, but my area of expertise is mainly in fitness and the use of sports equipment at home and in the gym.