Do you want to look younger, become slim again or take care of yourself? Stationary bike is for you.
Better known under the name of exercise bike, it has continued to benefit from the latest technological innovations to always offer you the best.
Indeed, we all remember those big noisy bikes, with a big rubber pad that came to act as resistance, and well it’s over. Now stationary bikes offer real sensations and no longer make noise … on the other hand, you must always pedal.
The stationary bike brings all the benefits of cycling: weight loss, endurance, bodybuilding but without leaving home and since they are silent you can even watch TV while swallowing miles of pedaling.
I offer you the 5 best stationary bikes of the moment.
What will you learn?
- Best stationary bikes
- 1- DKN RB-4i – recumbent bike
- 2- Sportstech SX400 – spinner like a pro
- 3- Sportstech ESX500 – Compact stationary bike
- 4- DeskCycle – Mini stationary bike
- 5- F-Bike Ultrasport – Foldable and cheap stationary bike
- Benefits of stationary bikes
- Conclusion: Which stationary bike to choose?
- Customer Reviews
- What is an exercise bike?
Best stationary bikes
Getting back in line, having breath and firm and toned muscles without depriving yourself of the comfort of your living room, this is the promise of stationary bikes.
Here is the ranking of the best stationary bikes. The number of copies available and the price may be limited.
Current best sales:
1- DKN RB-4i – recumbent bike
The DKN RB-4i is a popular recumbent stationary bike with many innovations.
11 kg flywheel, 32 motorized resistance levels, magnetic braking and of course a connectable console that offers 12 programs. The seat provides real working comfort with its backrest and the ergonomic adjustments are simple and intuitive.
This stationary bike can work with the Kinomap app to follow courses on videos and automaticaly adjust the resistance level.
Can support up to 330 lbs.
- Flywheel: 11kg (24lbs); 32 Levels of Digital Resistance; Multifunctional LCD Display; 12 Programmes
- 4 User Profiles; HR Measurement: Pulse Grip Sensors; Compatible Applications: Kinomap, Vescape
- Padded and Adjustable Seat with Back Support and Hand Rests; Transport Wheels
- Pedals with Adjustable Straps; Dimensions: L=150cm (59"), W=66cm (26"), H=112cm (44")
- Weight: 50kg (110lbs); Max. User Weight: 150kg (330lbs); Warranty: 2 Y Parts and Labour
2- Sportstech SX400 – spinner like a pro
If you are unsure of which spinning bike to choose , then this one may interest you .
Quiet, robust, it offers the real sensations of road cycling , but we would have liked the pulse belt for cardiac measurements not to be optional.
49 lb counterbalanced flywheel, free resistance adjustment and efficient belt system which also guarantees silence .
For electronics, I will make the same remarks as for its little brother, the SX200 concerning street view even if the programming is better with measurement of the pulse on the handles.
Here too, you will appreciate the wheels to move its 119 lb as well as its bottle holder and it accepts athletes up to 330 lb.
3- Sportstech ESX500 – Compact stationary bike
The Sportstech ESX500 has a simple aesthetic and its users are happy with it, it’s a stationary exercise bike that delivers on its promises.
It accommodates users up to 265 lb, inertia mass of 26 lb, a very pleasant silent magnetic braking, a connectable console with 12 training programs and 16 resistances. This bike has a reasonable weight of 66 lb.
It is a good device for cardio and for physical well-being.
- ✅ Modern and reliable mechanism:Silent mechanism belt with an inertia weight of 12 kg, transmission of power and only requires low maintenance.Triple pedal with sealed ball bearings for increased longevity.16 levels of resistance controlled by computer...
- ✅Modern features:Multimedia console compatible with Smartphone applications, Support for smartphone tablet with Google Maps in order to train with street view, history of sessions, compatible with the e-Santé application.
- ✅Console multimedia:Multifunction console with digital display 5.5 inches. 4 User Profiles, USB plug, compatible with heart-rate monitor, pulse metre on the handlebars, saddle and compatible handlebars.
- ✅Varied and complete workout:Wide variety of built-in workout program, 12 pre-installed programs, manual mode, training mode with power (Watts), wide variety of pre-programmed trainings with 12 training programmes + manual mode + training measured in...
- ✅Compact and Practical device:Dimensions (L x W x H) - 964 x 522 x 1321 mm – Maximum user weight:120 kg; Device weight: approx.30 kg – Practical Castor Wheels – Non-slip feet with adjustable strap.-
4- DeskCycle – Mini stationary bike
The Deskcyle looks nothing like a gadget and it will quickly become indispensable. This mini exercise bike is transportable and allows you to pedal according to your desires or your availability. Above all, you can pedal while working and thus combine business with pleasure. Go for miles without even realizing it!
It still offers 8 levels of difficulty with magnetic resistance which makes it very quiet.
- Compatible with iXStreams, iXPlore and iXVGamer Interactive VR System - A High quality product with patented magnetic resistance built with premium components.
- Whisper Quiet Magnetic resistance provides smooth pedal motion that is healthy for your joints; let's you focus on your work letting everyone else focus on theirs
- No expensive gym membership required. Save time and money exercising in the office. Works with desks as low as 68cm
- More than twice the resistance range of the other pedal exercisers; 8 calibrated resistance settings; from very easy to more than you need.
- 5 function display includes speed, time, distance and calories; Plus online calorie calculator. Desk Display Extension Kit is included with this product.
5- F-Bike Ultrasport – Foldable and cheap stationary bike
The Ultrasport F-Bike combines all the qualities of a stationary bike while being foldable which makes it accessible to those who want a real indoor bike but have little space.
This exercise bike is the most sold in Europe and the cheapest of the so-called “correct” bikes . If you want a cheap stationary bike and for low-effort use, this model is your best bet.
Equipped with magnetic resistance with 8 difficulty levels, multifunction console (calories burned, speed, distance covered and pulse measurement) and pulse sensor. On the other hand it is reserved for less than 1220 lb. If you do a little more, choose the same model but in a “heavy” version which accepts up to 287 lb.
- PERFECT BRAND FOR FITNESS : For more than 15 years and with over 5 million products sold, ULTRASPORT is the exclusive fitness brand on Amazon; By buying Ultrasport products you save on your monthly gym fees
- F-BIKE HOME TRAINER : Foldable bicycle exercise bike, home trainer, fitness bike with 8 resistance levels, quick & easy to set up and take down - the original, developed by F-Bike market leader Ultrasport
- EASY TO TRAIN : Indoor cycling with the fitness and cardio machine to strengthen the cardiovascular system - robust endurance trainer for effective muscle building with the help of 8 resistance levels
- COMPACT HOME TRAINER : Thanks to its compact design, you can store it anywhere after your workout; Set-up dimensions (L x W x H) : 87 x 43.5 x 118 cm; Foldable dimensions (L x W x H) : 53 x 43.5 x 137 cm
- LCD DISPLAY FUNCTION : The fitness bike has a training computer with LCD display that can measure time, scan, calories, speed, distance and heart rate; There is also a hand pulse sensor on the handlebars
Benefits of stationary bikes
Stationary bikes are gym staples and some of the models designed for you compete very well with exercise bikes.
The benefits they bring are no longer to be recalled and decades of success are here to remind you. The exercise bike is cardio, and some models really help you develop your physical skills and prepare for the Olympics.
I really liked the Sportstech SX400 stationary bike, introduced in 2nd position: It is similar to the pro models and shows its robustness while offering a flexible and very pleasant work. It is a spinning bike with good technical characteristics, remaining relatively compact. For a very attractive price, there are real possibilities to develop physical skills.
Conclusion: Which stationary bike to choose?
In conclusion, I will stress the importance of choosing the right stationary bike. Whether it’s a semi-recumbent or upright bike, stationary bikes offer almost the same results guarantees as those found in the gym, for an infinitely less price. Is it worth it? Yes, certainly, as long as you use it.
This quality comes at a price, but if you take into account the fact that you save a subscription and work from home, the choice is quickly made.
Will you take the risk of a crush that will start to break after 10 miles?
Think about the resistance and the comfort which are the only guarantees to offer you a complete and comfortable work.
A stationary bike to lose weight
It is quite possible to lose weight and burn calories while riding an exercise bike. On the other hand, if this is your main priority, then it is advisable to turn to a foldable rowing machine that works up to 80% of the muscles of the body. The disadvantage of the rower is that it takes up more space and there are no correct models under the $ 300.
If you are stuck on a stationary bike type device and your goal is to lose weight, you will need to pedal regularly and with resistance to the pedaling. Again, it is quite possible.
If you plan to use your stationary bike every day, take a quality model so that you don’t get limited too quickly.
It is important to compare customer reviews to buy the best stationary bike. Haven’t found the model of your dreams yet?
Click here to see the customer reviews of our favorite model.
What is an exercise bike?
It is another name for a stationary bike or exercise bike.
A foldable stationary bicycle is an exercise bike for cycling training. There is for example the Sportstech exercise bike ergometer ESX500 with its tablet holder.
The stationary bicycle is a stable exercise bike, it is the stability of a spinning stationary bicycle adapted for the comfort of the house. The sportstech ESX500 is one of the best stationary exercise bikes. It is one of the main silent exercise bikes.
Difference stationary bike and horizontal exercise bike
A stationary bike is upright while a horizontal bike is a semi-recumbent bike that takes up more space. For the purchase of a stationary bike you are in fact choosing a small exercise bike. This type of stationary bike is often foldable.
Inclined Stationary Bike
It is another name for a semi-recumbent stationary bike. It is comfortable but takes up more space for indoor exercise cycling. It is often found in the gym. It’s a professional exercise bike that can also be used at home if you have the space.
Contrary to popular belief, size matters for exercise comfort. A mini stationary bike will be compact and cheap but probably less suitable for heavy use.
I’m a sports graduate who enjoys documenting myself on the internet and bringing light to my subscribers when they need it. (I get a lot of messages.) In my spare time, I am an amateur photographer, but my area of expertise is mainly in fitness and the use of sports equipment at home and in the gym.